- Description of a disease
- Reasons of low pressure
- Signs and symptoms of the lowered pressure
- Than dangerously low pressure?
- Low pressure at pregnancy
- Treatment of low pressure
- What to do with a low pressure?
Not absolutely clear situation arises at discussion of questions of physiological figures of arterial pressure. Some experts speak about strict standards which it is possible to call norm, others are inclined to establishment of wide individual figures of this indicator. In either case there are the for, and against. The only thing about what it is possible to speak with a clear trail is about strict options of the upper bounds of norm. And figures of the lower bounds of arterial pressure are individual: that for one people is considered the lowered pressure with feeling sick, for others is daily option of norm.
Description of a disease
Low pressure – the state which is followed by falling of arterial pressure is lower than those figures which are observed at the person in his usual state. If to consider the concrete figures of this indicator provided by official medicine, they make everything that it is lower than 100/60 mm Hg. But here it is necessary to proceed not from the standardized indicators, and to do exceptions in view of specific features of an organism.
Physiological lowering of arterial pressure. People at whom influences of parasympathetic nervous system prevail, are inclined to hypotonia and perfectly I feel with a pressure of 90/60 and even below. Increase of these figures to normal, from the point of view of physicians, causes violation of the general state in such people.
Pathological decrease – true hypotonia. Represents falling of indicators of arterial pressure below what are usual for the specific person, and are followed by additional symptoms:
1. Slackness, weakness, general weakness and indisposition.
2. Occipital headaches.
3. Feeling of shortage of air, especially in rooms with a large number of people.
4. The increased perspiration, fatigue and short wind.
5. Dizzinesses, especially upon sharp transition from lying situation to the vertical.
6. Nausea and vomiting.
Reasons of low pressure
All know that the constant high pressure involves negative changes in many bodies and can do serious harm to health. The lowered pressure also represents the extremely unpleasant phenomenon. The lowered pressure not in all cases is a sign of problems with health. Cases and so-called physiological hypotonia at which the person with the lowered pressure well feels meet, possesses high performance and does not complain of health.
People with pathological low arterial pressure test a large number of problems. Cases when predisposition to the lowered pressure is transferred to the child from the parents having this illness are frequent. More it concerns to women. As a rule, tendency to the lowered pressure is noted since early years. Such children differ in small mobility, slackness and during games are tired quicker than the contemporaries. Adult hypotensives usually possess the high growth and small weight.
Who suffers from low pressure? Often it is people who were exposed to the strong tension of psychoemotional character for a long time. Also as the reason for development of this phenomenon long intellectual tension can serve. The inactive way of life and low physical activity too can provoke low pressure. Reduction of volume of muscular activity involves deterioration of a functional condition of heart, violation of a proteinaceous and mineral exchange, reduction of ventilation of lungs and other unpleasant consequences.
Promotes the lowered pressure and work in harmful conditions. Here it is possible to rank work underground, at high temperature and conditions of the increased humidity. Besides, certain diseases of the central nervous and cardiovascular systems, respiratory organs, adrenal glands and a thyroid gland can provoke hypotonia. The considerable quantity of hypotensives meets and among athletes. In this case rare pulse and the lowered arterial pressure are protective reaction of an organism to systematic physical activities.
The organism in that case passes to more economical operating mode. Experts call this hypotonia "hypotonia of high fitness".
Signs and symptoms of the lowered pressure
The main unpleasant symptoms with the lowered pressure are provoked by the broken blood circulation in brain vessels. The pulsing temple pain, sometimes in occipital area can be felt. Emergence and pains of other localization is also probable (weight in temporal area and pain in a forehead). Cases of the migrenepodobny pains which are shown in one half of the head are frequent. Pains have constant, stupid character, and in addition to them there can be a vomiting or nausea.
Many people with the lowered pressure note considerable deterioration of health during magnetic storms and at weather changing.
Quite often (in particular at sharp rise from a bed) hypotensives have a darkening in eyes and the head is turned. In certain cases there are even faints, but such cases are rather rare.
One more symptom which is often found at hypotensives is fast fatigue or weakness. Working capacity at people with low pressure considerably falls at the end of the working day.
There are complaints to absent-mindedness and memory impairment. Due to the delay of current of blood vital activity of an organism decreases therefore at hypotensives tendency to depressions is observed, quite often they are emotionally unstable, irritable, subject to differences of mood.
Owing to the lowered tone of vessels there are some deviations and in work of heart that can cause pain in heart and behind a breast. These feelings appear on a constant basis and can be followed by serdtsebiyeniye which are not connected with nervous or physical activity.
Hypotensives constantly feel shortage of air (especially during physical activity) and often yawn.
Also for people with low pressure the sleep and a cold snap of feet and hands is characteristic, they differ in hypersensibility to cold and a heat.
Than dangerously low pressure?
Physiological hypotonia of direct danger in itself does not bear. But at its long existence the organism so tries to lift figures of arterial pressure to standard that it leads to development of a hypertensive illness at rather young age. But for similar transformation of hypotonia in a hypertension there has to pass not one ten years. About it one medical proverb says: hypotensives in youth – in old age hypertensive persons.
Pathological hypotonia can be an alarm signal about existence of a serious illness or usual vegetative dysfunction of nervous system. In the first case it is about gastrointestinal bleeding, a sharp myocardial infarction, anaphylactic or other type of shock, decrease in function of adrenal glands and a thyroid gland (a gipokortitsizm and a hypothyroidism). Thus low pressure is, sometimes, the only informative symptom of these diseases. In case of vegetative reactions the lowered arterial pressure can lead to such states.
1. Sharp loss of consciousness with possibility of traumatizing soft tissues of the head.
2. Decrease in memory
and endurance of a brain to loadings. It is caused by insufficient oxygenation (intake of oxygen) of nervous cages against the slowed-down blood-groove with a low pressure.
3. Incoordination of movements.
4. Decrease in visual acuity.
5. Interruptions in work of heart and decrease in resistance to physical activities.
Thus, if pressure decrease arises again, being a symptom of some disease, it is always very serious. It is impossible to hesitate in such cases with delivery of health care. In case of primary hypotonia when there are more no symptoms of other diseases, most likely, it is result of vegeto-vascular (neurocirculator) dystonia. It is necessary to approach its correction strictly individually.
Low pressure at pregnancy
Considering this symptom in the context of pregnancy, it is possible to divide two options.
1. Pressure decrease is result of pregnancy. Such it is possible at early toxicoses of the first half of gestational term. Other option of its decrease is connected with development of complications during pregnancy in the form of the menacing or begun abortion with uterine bleeding. In other cases violation of arterial pressure towards its increase is noted.
2. Hypotonia as primary state taking place before pregnancy and proceeding at its approach. In that case the risk for future mother is not present. The fruit as against hypotonia the speed of a vascular blood-groove is slowed down that will inevitably negatively affect placentary blood circulation of the child can suffer. There is a high risk of development of a pre-natal hypoxia of a fruit with all that it implies.
Treatment of low pressure
If you started noting at yourself signs or symptoms of the lowered pressure, first of all, it is necessary to address to the doctor. He will pick up for you the corresponding preparations and will appoint necessary medical actions taking into account all indications. Treatment for each patient has to be individual. Independent appointment to itself any medicamentous preparations can be reflected extremely negatively on health and lead to the whole complex of negative consequences.
From time to time give yourself rest. In modern realities it can appear rather difficult, but rest is necessary for an organism for restoration of energy and forces.
What to do with a low pressure?
The most important – to exclude dangerous diseases. If it appears that hypotonia is primary, being shown by the disturbing symptoms, it is possible to start with safety implementation of the following recommendations.
1. Healthy sleep. It is necessary to seek to develop a day regimen in which not less than 8-9 hours per day will be allocated for a dream. If there are violations of this process, it is necessary to ask for the help the psychotherapist or medicamentous means.
2. After a dream it is strictly forbidden to rise sharply in connection with risk of development of collapse and loss of consciousness. Easy warm-up in a bed by bending and the movements by extremities, circular turns of the head, massage of a neck is obligatory. Only after that it is possible to accept a sitting position in which 1-2 minutes have to be spent.
3. Water procedures and hardening. Well the contrast shower with gradual increase of a difference of temperatures will approach. Procedure has to come to an end with cold water.
4. Sports activities and active lifestyle.
5. Healthy nutrition. The main thing even not in its structure, and in the mode. Surely there has to be a breakfast including any products and sweet coffee.
6. Morning exercises of 7-10 minutes.
7. Medicamentous influences. Among the preparations increasing arterial pressure there is no big abundance. The most widespread of them are Citramonum, sodium caffeine-benzoate, tincture of an eleuterokok and ginseng, the Chinese magnolia vine, a preparation pantokrin. Their systematic reception will help to increase arterial pressure effectively.
8. It is not necessary to measure pressure on "hundred times" per day. From it will only be worse. If there are no symptoms – it is not necessary to look for them. It belongs to psychotherapeutic elements of treatment of any disease. The adequate assessment of the situation corresponding to measurements of pressure only in the presence of concrete complaints can correctly help to estimate productivity of treatment.
9. Urgent actions at sharp pressure drop to critical figures. It is necessary to lay the person and to raise his feet. The head has to be slightly lower than a trunk. It will improve inflow of blood to a brain. Then it is necessary to massage a neck in the field of carotids and to put a cold compress to a forehead. Usually it is enough these actions to resume the former level of pressure. If it did not occur – hospitalization in the nearest hospital for an exception of a serious illness is obligatory.
Additional councils. With a low pressure it is recommended not to spend all free time on a sofa, and to be more in the movement. During physical activity the brain and other bodies are better supplied with oxygen. People with the lowered pressure better sleep after loadings, in communication with what feel more vigorously in the morning. Certainly, intensity and frequency of physical activities should be stipulated previously with the doctor. It is worth eating to hypotensives easily, without allowing an overeating. The overeating involves tension of digestive processes and excessive power consumption.
Also it is recommended not to pass meals, in particular, a breakfast. By no means it is impossible to abuse coffee, otherwise it is possible to get to dependence on this invigorating drink. Two cups of coffee in day are sufficient norm for many hypotensives. Many people with the lowered pressure feel much more vigorously after a day dream therefore if you have no sleeplessness, and you have free time, do not neglect it.
Author of article: doctor of medical sciences, therapist Mochalov Pavel Aleksandrovich